This Is Protos, a Peel Environmental company, is bringing forward updated plans for an Energy from Waste (EfW) facility on Plot 8 at Protos. Plans for a 95MW EfW facility at the site were originally approved in 2009. We’ve since started work to deliver the first phase infrastructure, such as road improvements. We are now bringing forward a reduced-scale facility in response to current market conditions and are working with Covanta, an experienced operator of such facilities.
Our updated facility will:
- Generate up to 35MW of energy
- Use up to 350,000 tonnes of waste per annum from the surrounding area each year to create much-needed energy
- Create up to 300 jobs during construction and up to 50 jobs once operational
- Deliver connectivity improvements to the site via road, rail and canal infrastructure
- Feature significant ecological improvements
- Signal further investment into the Protos site, which recently became part of the Cheshire Science Corridor Enterprise Zone
We intend to submit a planning application to Cheshire West and Chester Council this summer. To read more about the reduced-scale planning application please click on the below link to view the latest Protos community newsletter which was sent to residents and businesses in the surrounding communities:
We are also now pleased to provide you with plans of the scheme showing the progressed designs as referenced in the newsletter. Please click on the below links to view these in PDF format:
You can submit your comments or questions about the proposed reduced-scale facility by:
Calling: Freephone: 0800 170 1418(Mon-Fri – 9am – 5.30pm)
Writing: PROTOS, C/o PPS Group, Freepost RSKS-SBBE-LHHZ, Sevendale House, 5 – 7 Dale Street, Manchester, M1 1JB (No stamp required)
Contacting members of the Community Forum – contact details for members are available on this webpage
Please submit your comments or questions on the proposed development by Wednesday 15th June 2016.
All planning documents will be available to view on the Protos website once submitted to the local authority.