Property professionals gathered last Thursday to hear how Protos is fast becoming a unique northern hub for energy, industry and innovation.
Agents from across the Northern Powerhouse region were briefed on the Peel Group’s landmark industrial development, located between Ellesmere Port and Chester, and with strategic links to economic heavyweights Manchester and Liverpool.
Delivery partners and investors were among the audience at Manchester’s King Street Townhouse, as Peel showcased the progress made to date including delivery of site infrastructure and outline future opportunities for tenants and operators.
As part of the Protos offer, attendees learnt how the destination:
- Aligns with the Government’s national policy to create an industrial strategy and link innovation with energy
- Boasts multi-modal infrastructure with direct rail, road and port links
- Forms part of the newly-created Cheshire Science Corridor Enterprise Zone, bringing development incentives such as Enhance Capital Allowances and reduced business rates.
- Fosters partnership working, with close relationships to the University of Chester’s Thornton Science Park and surrounding industrial forces
- Benefits from existing outline and detailed planning consents
- Is shovel-ready, with Phase One infrastructure almost complete and expansive plots open for development
- Is fast becoming an energetic hub for the North, with construction of a 21.5MW biomass plant underway and the neighbouring Frodsham Wind Farm in commissioning
Speaking at the event, Myles Kitcher, Managing Director of Protos, said;
“Protos is already transforming the region’s industrial landscape, with new energy-generating facilities coming out of the ground and site infrastructure well advanced. Today’s turnout was a testament to the buzz surrounding the vision, which is fast becoming a reality.
“As the Government increasingly recognises the importance of the energy and innovation in driving the Northern revival, we’re at the forefront of delivering a destination that truly delivers on these priorities.”
Contact our Agents now to discuss a range of plot sizes and design and build opportunities.
1 Marsden Street, Manchester M2 1HW
81 Fountain Street, Manchester M2 2EE